What's on my mind.

31 October 2009

Why do I bother?

2 dances/hour, $1.20/dance, 1 out of every 6 songs, or 5 miles (roundtrip)/dance* - That's how tonight's dance works out. Still one dance better than the last TBDC dance. I have lots of fun at class, because I actually dance. I don't have much fun sitting by myself at a table watching everyone else dance.

I sit forward in my chair, no slouching or arms crossed over my chest; I sway/seat dance to the music; I make eye contact with people; I don't sit at the far end of the table in the dark - so why don't I get asked to dance? I'm starting to think it's the same reason I don't get asked out on dates(other than an apparent dearth of single, age appropriate men) - something just wrong with me. What I don't know, but small children don't like me, store clerks ignore me, and guys don't ask me to dance.




*this is not counting the line dances: Electric Slide, Peabody, or Cupid Shuffle

1 comment:

honu-girl said...

Oh honey, there's nothing wrong with you. I don't know why you don't get asked to dance, other than maybe the lack of single, age appropriate males around. I think that's the major reason.

Store clerks ignore you unless you want to be ignored :D And I know two small kids who DO like you!