What's on my mind.

04 January 2008

Guilty Pleasures

Since I can't come up with 101 things about me that I'd want the world to know I guess I'll have to write about guilty pleasures. I'll try and make this less rambling and make more sense than my what makes me sad post.

Reading and sleeping: Like all day in bed reading and sleeping, not showering until 3 in the afternoon, kind of reading and sleeping. I also take long showers, even when I try and rush. So it can be 4 or 5 o'clock before I'm presentable on a Saturday or Sunday. But I can usually only do this one day of the weekend, I just can't sleep that late on Sunday if I slept half of Saturday.

Food: When I'm feeling particularly crappy I'll get a bag of Doritos and a tub of Dean's French Onion dip for supper. I try and get the small tub that way I don't eat quite as much; the low-fat stuff is awful. I buy a lot of convenience foods and junk food. I like veggies and fruit but they go bad. Cooking takes energy. Mac 'n Cheese I can throw in the microwave and eat in 20 minutes.

Self pity: The biggest one of all. It isn't so much that I enjoy feeling sorry for myself, it's more that I'm used to it and sometimes I just want to feel something. So I'll watch a romantic comedy and cry because I don't have script writers on my side; or watch the news and cry because how can I feel bad when I've had it so easy... (Kinds' makes me want Doritos and French onion dip for lunch.)

No comments: