What's on my mind.

07 September 2007

Because I want to be in the running for the iPod

...I will now claim my membership in the Order of the Science Scouts of Exemplary Repute and Above Average Physique. Among other things I am, along with my fellow OOTSSOERAAAPers:
- not opposed to alcohol.
- fond of IPCC reports (especially the pictures).
- mostly in agreement with the “truth.”
- into badges.
- grieving for the slow and miserable death of the Hubble Space Telescope.
- possibly possessed of supernatural powers.
- not in the business of total world domination
- committed to the constant and diligent presentation of science stories, be it to editors, producers, directors, educators, relatives and/or friends of various ilk, in an effort to lessen the gap that is this thing we call public scientific literacy.

I am the proud recipient of many badges. Amongst my favorites are:






Arts & Crafts




I can be a Prick When it Comes to Science




Works with Feces (oddly only obliquely related to why I also have the "what I do for science dictates my having to wash my hands before I use the toilet" badge)

So if you are into badges, are willing to fight the for public scientific literacy, and agree with the "truth", join up. It's easy to do.

No comments: