What's on my mind.

01 May 2008

Goddamnit!

Sometimes I wonder why I still have a job. (Other than being a state employee it is a huge pain in the ass to fire someone and an equally huge pain in the ass to hire a replacement.)

I was suppose to be in a conference call at 1 EST. I just wrote down (and remembered) 1. I went to lunch like normal. I did not take a short lunch. I missed the call. I really really hope there will be an email with the minutes from the call shortly.

It did occur to me a minute ago that the call was on a super-duper giant-stick-up-one's-ass technicality an hour early. One pm eastern standard time is the same as 2pm eastern daylight time. But I don't think that argument will get me anywhere.

Do you think I can blame it on the fact that I am often on the verge of hypothermia in my office?

1 comment:

honu-girl said...

It happens. We all do things like that. Don't beat yourself up about it. They should have been more aware of your time difference, too!

You still have a job because when push comes to shove, you do what needs doing. And you're good at it!