What's on my mind.

02 April 2007

Open Letter

I'm going to have this letter sent to a service man/woman but thought I'd post it as an open letter, too, so more people can read it. It's not very long.

Dear Soldier,

Thank you. Thank you for volunteering to serve our country. Thank you for all the sacrifices you make. Thank you for serving whenever and wherever called. Mostly just - thank you.

Please know that despite my misgivings about the war in Iraq, I support you and your comrades. Despite my disappointment at the actions of some individuals, I am proud of you and our military. America may be divided about the current war but it is (almost) unanimous in its support of military personnel.

You are all in my thoughts and I pray that you will come home safe and soon.


There is a lot more I could say but that pretty well sums it up.

No comments: