What's on my mind.

05 April 2007

Weekend Assignment: Your Pen Name

Weekend Assignment #159: You've decided to become a writer under a pen name. What pen name do you choose? Because, after all, writers use pen names all the time -- sometimes to maintain anonymity, sometimes to start a new career when their writing career under their real name has crashed and burned, and sometimes just because they want a different name than the one they were born with. You can assume any of the reasons for taking up a pen name. (No fair using a name that's taken: Your pen name can't be "Steve King" or "Jonathan Grisham" or some such.)

Extra Credit: Using this Anagram Maker, share an amusing anagram of your name.


I've actually used Rose Archer and Archer Rose to post some really bad poetry (mostly haiku) at Poetry.com. I think the second sounds better. It's a combination of my middle name and my mother's maiden name. I used it to avoid embarrassment; also, my niece had some good stuff posted there (don't seem to be up anymore) and I didn't want family members looking for her poems to read mine. I only posted a couple of regular poems but I'd submit entries in to the haiku contest often - at least until I was out of school and no longer had access to the Internet all day long.

Anagrams of my name...hmmm...Good thing I can cheat. I'm lucky I have a total of 20 letters in whole name and a selection of vowels. I had lots of choices. Here are some favs:

RE: INCARCERATE MY MOLLS (don't ask why)
SIR MOLL, MERRY CETACEAN! (really, they should have a holiday)
NORM...EM...ERR...ASCETICALLY?
MEN EYE MIRROR, CATCALLS
CATACLYSM = MERRIER NOEL
CACAO RESELL MERRY MINT
LACERATE, MY SLICER NORM
CAMERAMEN CRY "TROLLIES!"
I, ANCESTRALLY, COM EIRE, MR. (It's true, if missing a letter.)
CELERY - IT MORNS CARAMEL (caramel dipped celery...mmmm...)
LORRY SENT CARAMEL MICE (I'd eat them)
TELL SORRY, MACRAME NICE! (as long as it's not an entire dress)
ARCANE CELERY RIM MOLTS (Have you been practicing, Harry?)
and my favorite
RECYCLE A MINERAL STORM

W/O my middle name, I liked this one (didn't read as many):
ME CRY LACRIMAL NET

No comments: